So, while you don’t need them (because there is no evidence to suggest the 15 January is any more depressing than any other day), here are 5 reasons to be extra cheerful on Bright Blue Monday!
1. If you’re taking part in Dry January, then you’re already more than halfway through.
2. Some flowers have already started to bloom, and the first daffodils should start appearing in just 4 weeks in the mildest parts of the UK.
3. Now we’re past the shortest day of the year, you can look forward to mornings getting lighter and lighter.
4. You can already buy Cadbury’s Crème Eggs in the supermarket.
5. It’s only 344 days until Christmas 2018!
If you want to get involved in Bright Blue Monday and support those living with mental illness in the UK, you can follow #BrightBlueMonday and find out more information here: